Saturday, February 28, 2015

Silly Hair Blog

Hair.  I hate messing with my hair.  And as I get older, it gets more difficult to ignore it.  

What's that angelic light illuminating my hair - a halo right?










So I was looking through some of my pictures the other day and realized I have been living a terrible lie.  I have always said I hate messing with hair - so you tell me, am I living a lie, or am I just in denial? 



Here is some evidence...

1. When I was in high school I went to a trade school for two years for cosmetology  (in my defense I never got my license)


2. In the 80's I went from Olivia Newton John straight into poodle (I can also attest that the poodle look turned into a very cute Afghan Puppy look)




3. It was all down hill from there - I'm not sure what you see here but let me label them for you...

Whispy and carefree

Short and sassy

Apparently I was gangster once

I don't even know, a terrible attempt at curling?

There are like four different colors in my hair here, fall style? 

Very blonde and apparently I needed to prove that blondes are smarter than they look, or are they? 

I guess this would be my steampunk look,
 what does that even mean?

So, as I look at these, and these are just a few, I realize that I am CONSTANTLY messing with my hair.  But I hate it - I really do.  So there must be some underlying reason why I am in denial.  And why do I think this is something to blog about?  

Well, as you get older, your hair changes - I don't like that.  It's not as vibrant, or flexible, or shiny or thick.  I'm realizing that when I was a bit younger I didn't have to mess with my hair, it just did it's thing - and it was easy. 

Now, not so much - so the fact that hair is becoming difficult is very annoying to me.  I mean there are really only two choices in my empty nesting stage of life...


braids...



or this!


I say these are my two choices because as of right now I refuse to go down some of these roads...

- being an old lady with short curly hair 
- acquiescing to the "proper" length, style and color for a "woman my age"
- trying to look like a teenager when my own teenagers are women now
-going gray
-caring what other people think about my hair (as if they really did...lol)

and finally - caring at all about the fact that I seem totally obsessed with my hair -  I'm not - am I?  

I think I might be a bit of an oxymoron in this writing - but after a couple weeks of crazy I'm feeling kind of  like..."let's write about something that doesn't matter one little bit about anything"

It doesn't matter right???  





2 comments:

  1. haha...oh the hair stages...and you can relax,,,the older you get, it comes down to , I don't give a hoot!!! how nice to concentrate on the less stressful, right Laice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best person to share a Saturday morning with!! Sure miss alllll of you!! Loved the pictures! You look lovely!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete