Saturday, April 11, 2015

Driving Miss....haps?

My husband and I have owned many modes of travel over the years...

He can drive a vehicle for years and years and never need brakes, or new tires, or anything major happen...

Me?  Well, he says I'm a little reckless, I say it's just my luck - and not the good kind either - I have the worst luck with vehicles...

I thought I would give you a little tour of our modes of travel over the years...Make, model and size is really important to Ron, for me?  Well, if it's the right color I'm happy...



First was his 1970's something Chevy Impala.  He loved this car, for me it was like driving a large boat through a skinny alley... oh, and I hate the color






Then our next mode was a Harley Davidson - yep, we both loved being bikers and it might have lasted into our old age, but...







Then this happened...

(Ron survived, the bike, not so much...) 








So then came the "pimp" car - our silver Ford LTD (with blood red interior), it was kind of cool, but wow, bigger than the last boat - silver was ok I guess







then we found a winner - 1960 Rambler.  It was pink with red interior and a push start.  PINK! and not just pink, it was metalic pink!  She was a sweet ride and I miss her soooo much! 
(I lost a tire while driving down the road though - like literally - it detached from the car and went rolling down the road!)




Ron's next pick - yeah, no words, I was so glad when this one died... I got nothin'






 And then I'm not sure how this happened but I got stuck driving an old beat up Chevy Chevette. It was this color too, yuk,  Worst car ever!!!  I remember driving it down the road one day and the whole bottom dropped out because of rust - (of course it was because of my reckless driving) I was stuck unless I wanted to Fred Flintstone it all the way home!

The only NEW car I ever owned was a Plymouth Acclaim - yep, totally old lady but it got me where I needed to me - uh, until I totaled it - and broke my hand - but it was worth it because that led me to my personal favorite...



 - my Dodge Stratus - red (best color for a car in my opinion) and it drove like a charm - that is, until the cam cracked and,  well, apparently my reckless driving sent it to its grave...mmhmm

Then all of a sudden all our other cars were gray. Every time a salesperson wants to get rid of a car it's gray.  Ugh.  We had a silver/gray van in between here somewhere while we were basketball and soccer parents - and yeah, I drove that thing into the ground - last thing I remember was driving to work in the middle of the winter with no heat...must have been my reckless driving.  I hate vans.





Now over the last 15 years my husband has owned two trucks: a Toyota and a Dodge Ram - he has hardly had anything done to them - then he insisted that I buy this thing - a Nissan Titan, in gray!  We got a "good deal" on it.  I didn't like it - too big, ugly color (that's right color is important to me!), oh, did I mention too big? Well in the three years I have owned the thing we have put over $3500 into it, I still owe two years of payments, and I have been stranded twice! Luckily, the "good deal" has made it feaseable for us to look for a new car!  (Although Ron swears all it's problems are due to my reckless driving) - but still, the repair bill is starting to convince him...sooooo



I will say that I have become partial to driving trucks - I do like them.  You sit nice and high and if they get beat up or rust they just get better with age, ya know?  So these are my next two picks and I'm soooo excited!  


  My first choice is the new Dodge Ram Rebel - (comes out summer of 2015) - in red of course - pretty cool huh?  










My next choice is a Dodge Ram (I don't care what make) but it has to be Robin Egg Blue!  That's right!  Robin Egg Blue! 

Hey, a girl can dream can't she?  Besides, I figure that as an almost empty nester I should NEVER have a vehicle that will leave me stranded anywhere!  Been there, done that!  Yes I have triple AAA, thank goodness - but still, sometimes they can't get there for a couple of hours.  

Anyway - if I could get my pink rambler back I would take her. But I can settle for a truck - as long as the color is right!
She was a beauty - the '60 Rambler of course - although the girl's not too shabby - who is that creepy guy...oh, never mind...ha!

Happy Travels! 

  

1 comment:

  1. haha funny..i remember that old nash rambler...quite the car..pink and red interior.hummmm!!!

    ReplyDelete