Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Ward Family Christmas Tour


When I think of decorating my house for Christmas I'm always like..."subtle" or "kabam!".  In my mind I'm always thinking "kabam", but then I start putting things up and I'm like - yeah, definately "subtle".

So in my mind when my house is done it looks like this...
notice the giant 20' santa at the left


So I found this really cool lazer light thingy and of course I had to buy it.  My husband says "hey I saw this really cool lazer light thing..." and I interrupted..."yep, I bought it".  His response with a smile on his face..."you're Christmas ridiculous".  My response..."you never comment on decorations, so your comment only confirms it was meant to be dear".  Ha!  

Anyhoo..here's the outside - no giant santa here





And...to take you inside - we will start with the kitchen... here ya go! 





This is my kitchen window 











This is my other kitchen window











Ok, moving on to the dining room...

it's kind of funny that we call this room the dining room.  We rarely dine in there and even if we did we wouldn't call it "dining".  We would call it....umm...I just realized we don't really call it anything except "eat" or "eating"...we are not at all formal when it comes to eating...








Let's see....ok, the bathroom - YES!   I said bathroom, c'mon, it's Christmas!  







The bathroom window
 


The lovely floor cabinet








   ...and the wall cabinet


Ok, now the living room...



The tree!



a little side table action




We love our deer!




















Cute little snowman forest



My personal favorite - the nativity - I don't know why it looks so tiny - it's actually really big.  huh

Another shot of the tree...


How about the bedroom?  Yes I must decorate my early american bedroom...




The simple shelf 


Top of the dresser











Window treatments...


AND...finally - I had to give you a couple of shots of my office...

The candy canes on the wreath are compliments of Pastor Chad - my boss, he has a knack...

Well, that's not absolutely everything but it's the main stuff.  I hope you enjoyed your tour...

Let me just say that Christmas is such an interesting time of year, even with all the commercialization.  People are full of joy, people are broken - and each of those seem to be exaggerated this time of year.  What a perfect opportunity to show love to mankind.  Ya know?  

I hope to be timely for my next blog, but when I'm adding multiple pictures the formatting just doesn't want to behave.  I think it's a mischievous Christmas elf - that's my story and I'm stickin to it.  

See ya Saturday!  






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it...thanks for the tour...looks great..you are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree...and all your decorations, really! So glad you did this home tour. Loved seeing how you decorate!

    ReplyDelete