Saturday, November 22, 2014

MIND - BLOWN

MIND - BLOWN




Part of being an empty nester is realizing that youth is no longer a personal attribute.  How do we realize this?  Well, let me give you some examples...


*Cleaning the house and forgetting where I put anything;

*Remembering to grab my computer bag before leaving for work in five minutes - then getting to work and realizing I forgot my computer bag;

*Realizing I told someone on Sunday that I would do something for them on Monday - and forgetting who I even talked to;

And there are other things...


Selfies aren't really a good idea





coconut bras are out of the question




Like not being able to figure out why my blog suddenly decided to center all my text and me not being able to figure out how to fix it.  Oh well, fancy blog it is. 

So, I finally decided to do something to preserve and increase my brain capacity.

PIANO:  Yep.  I'm taking piano lessons. I am now an expert at playing "When The Saints Come Marching In"! 

GUITAR: I am also working on playing the guitar.  I can now strum a mean rendition of "Smoke on the Water".  And yes, my family has that worm of a song constantly in their heads.  

CROCHET:  I have been an avid crocheter for years.  But now I am crocheting with a purpose.  I have added organic soaps and props and will be doing my second craft fair ever on December 3rd at Life Church in Watertown, NY.  

RAISING A TEENAGER:  What can I say?  I'm a glutton for punishment.  However it does have its perks:  fashion forward thinking, the lingo of the day, knowing immediately when my clothes or hair or anything else makes me seem like an old lady - and being challenged to fix it!  But best of all, less laundry!  Cassie does her own laundry so my laundry duties have serverely diminished!  




My mind is running like a well-oiled machine! 

Oh, I almost forgot the biggest thing: 

WRITING:  I started a blog - oh you already know that.  I am also taking a Writer's Class and working on a novel and a devotional series.  It's my favorite thing to do - and believe me - it keeps my brain working hard! 

I feel like I am one of the luck ones.  Empty Nesting can be tough.  I miss my daughters every single day.  But with Cassie around, it helps me to ease into the the syndrome at a slower pace.  And it's helping me to not fear the empty nest. 

















1 comment:

  1. welcome to the world of forgetfulness...glad to see your productivity level is still in tact...nice blog....

    ReplyDelete