Saturday, November 8, 2014

Husbands and Entertainment

HUSBANDS AND ENTERTAINMENT?  

     In the short span of time that my husband (Ron) and I thought we were empty nesting, we had a brief revelation of what entertainment would look like for us - a  "So what do we do now?" kind of revelation (Ron's translation:  "who do I tease and annoy now?")  

I mean it has been 25 years, ya know?  

Well, we talked about what we liked:  (hey, at least we talked!)
                       Sports on TV (yes for Ron, NO for me)
                       The Theater (yes for me, no for Ron) 
                       The Bars (no for me, no for Ron)
                        
Movies (Yes for me!  Yes for Ron!)... Wait...
                       at a movie theater?  (yes for me, No for Ron)
                       my pics: romance, drama, comedy, fantasy
                       Ron's pics: action, horror, action, western
     -you guessed it, we couldn't agree on a single genre! 


       Then this happened (and I should have known better)  He was being sweet on our 25th anniversary by making dinner and renting a movie for us as he knew I was leaning toward celebrating at home. 

                                                   LOOK what he came home with!  
                 SERIOUSLY? 
            Aliens vs. Predator?  

   After he saw the look on my face he said "well it's fantasy.  isn't that what you like?"   (deep breath, deep breath)  Ok, so what?  It's the thought that counts right?  Soooo being the sweet wife that I am we watched.  He stayed awake (miracle in and of itself) and I was horrified.  But, hey, the food was good!  

   So although we are not yet alone, we have fallen into somewhat of a routine - he is no longer allowed to pick movies so he sticks to football and I can tolerate it as long as I can sit and crochet - that's right, crochet - and that's a whole different story...

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! This is kind of how Scott and I are... somehow I get roped into watching a lot of "Aliens vs. Predator" type movies. Most recently, he got me to start watching Scream, which I had never seen, as I can't stand horror movies. We're about halfway through, who knows when we'll finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for brightening up my otherwise boring afternoon! Enjoy your musings very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of it as a "do they" or "don't they" love story.

    ReplyDelete